commons-dev mailing list archives

From Al Chou <hotfusion...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Scripting in Java ?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:45:23 GMT
Danny Angus,

I deleted your message accidentally and thus don't have your email address
(Jakarta's mail archive completely removes them from the messages rather than
simply obscuring them), otherwise I might have asked this question privately.
I asked the same question on the BSF list last weekend but have not gotten any
reply (though to be fair, that list is pretty inactive).

Is it possible to run a script via BSF whose lifetime is comparable to that of
the parent Java application?  My wish is to develop a substantial part of a
Java application in a non-Java scripting language and have it participate as
almost a first-class citizen within its parent.  My thought was perhaps to
spawn a thread to run the BSF script execution and communicate with the
(scripting-language-created) objects living in that thread.

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou