commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject [dbutils] Remove ResultSetIteratorV1?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:06:21 GMT
ResultSetIteratorV1's only purpose in life is to work with JDBC
implementations that lack a ResultSet.isLast() method (such as Oracle's).
isLast() has been around since JDBC 1.2 so I think it's reasonable to
expect an implementation to support it.  I'm also wary of having classes
in DbUtils that only exist to support a particular database.  Also, we're
compiling against a minimum of JDBC 2.0 which implies that isLast() is
available.  I think the javadoc note in ResultSetIterator about isLast()
is sufficient warning about compatibility.

Unless there are objections, I'll remove ResultSetIteratorV1 tommorrow.

David