commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [primitives] First steps
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:12:29 GMT
If everyone else is OK with releasing the 1.0 version under
org.apache.commons.collections.primitives (rather than
o.a..commons.primitives), that sounds OK to me.

If we were to repackage along the type-of-collection lines, we'd likely
be able to deprecate-and-move from o.a.c.primitives as well, but I guess
this way gives us the freedom to choose the new packaging arbitrarily.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> The reason that this matters is that there are interfaces involved that we
> can't change later. So what might get changed? Well I don't see the need to
> remove anything from the current interfaces. I do believe that there are
> some methods that can be added. (separate email thread).

Can we execute the 1.0 release before digging too deeply into changes to
the existing structure?

--
- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>