commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [primitives] Package layout strategy
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:07:12 GMT
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, __matthewHawthorne wrote:

> I believe that there will be a lot of code generation involved, Stephen
> checked in some Velocity templates a few weeks ago.

Rather than generating the 64 pairwise primitive-to-primitive maps, their
associated iterfaces, base classes, adapaters, decorators (immutable,
sychronized) and variations (ordered/unordered, hash/tree, etc.), why not
wait until we have an actual, real-world application that calls for them?

> So the battle has become:
>
> o.a.c.primitives.boolean
> o.a.c.primitives.byte
> o.a.c.primitives.short
> o.a.c.primitives.int
> o.a.c.primitives.long
> o.a.c.primitives.float
> o.a.c.primitives.double
>
> vs.
>
> o.a.c.primitives.collection
> o.a.c.primitives.list
> o.a.c.primitives.iterator
> o.a.c.primitives.map
>

> Any other opinions?

Yes, leave well enough alone.  Again, what problem are we trying to solve?

--
- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>