commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: How to call a constructor with my own values (rather than the XML attributes or elements)
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:35:35 GMT
Hi Kumar,

You can use the ObjectParamRule to pass literal strings (or other
objects) to methods.

There is also a PathCallParamRule class in CVS, but it was added since
the last release so you would need to download it from CVS.

Regards,

Simon

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 03:03, Kumar Pankaj wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> I have been totally stumped by this.
> I want to set a property in Java bean based on the pattern (it does not have any attributes)
> Following is my simple XML
>
>              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>              <content>
> 			<Film>
> 				<Keyword>Tom Cruise</Keyword>
> 				<Headline>
> 					<TextTitleHi>Mission Impossible</TextTitleHi>
> 				</Headline>
> 			</Film>
> 			<Literature>
> 				<Keyword>Vikram Seth</Keyword>
> 				<Headline>
> 					<TextTitleHi>Principles of Life</TextTitleHi>
> 				</Headline>
> 			</Literature>
> 		</content>
>

> For this, i want to create a single Java object named Content and set the propoerty called
category to Film when it comes to Film pattern. Now, I have not been able to use either <set-properties-rule>
or <call-method-rule> because none of them can pass the pattern name as parameters to
the methods.