commons-dev mailing list archives

From hls...@comcast.net
Subject Re: [HiveMind] 1.0 Beta
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:53:59 GMT
I believe we'll be getting to beta soon. Also, a proposal to promote HiveMind up to Jakarta
top level will be coming soon.

The alpha-3 version, available for download (see the home page) is very close to what the
beta will be.

There is some discussion about what features the beta will have that the alpha-3 does not.
 My opinion is they will be very close. Others want to build in some more complex dependency
features. I want to keep HiveMind minimal and simple, providing just the what's absolutely
necessary (in the framework), and what 90+% of users will generally need beyond that (in the
library). A contrib (contributions) library may be added to hold ideas in progress.

--
hlship@apache.org

Creator, Tapestry: Java Web
Components