commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [HiveMind] extend BuildFactory to use static fields/methods
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:22:52 GMT
Maybe "ConstructorFactory"?  Something like:

<contruct class="...">
  <service service-id="..."/>
  <configuration configuration-id="..."/>
  <int value="..."/>
  (etc.)
</construct>

The elements inside the <construct> element are the parameters to the constructor.

I'll be setting up a HiveMind:Contrib subproject shortly.  We can start putting stuff in there
and
then migrate it up to library or framework if it proves to be popular and essential.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

Outside of Kurt's use case ... wrapping around machine-generated code, I feel that this talk
of
accessing static singletons is a step backwards.

The point of HiveMind is to eliminate those static variables and static inits, do things thread-safe
and just-in-time.