commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ <Jose.Eucli...@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br>
Subject RES: RES: Needing help with DBCP - slow response time
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:45:57 GMT
As i was very late, i ve just restored the old dbcp version and then, putted
SharedPoolDataSource  in the place  of  Jdbc2Pool supporting class. Now,
it's running fine! I guess it's enough, isnt it?

If i use this suggestion --> Try using the standard getBlob() method from
the java.sql.ResultSet
(returns a java.sql.Blob)--> i will get an exception, since Oracle doesnt
implements JDBC correctly, so i cant use Blob in Oracle database.
Thank you  for the last hint! I ve never heard before about
DelegatingResultSet! Do you think important to test it, even the new version
is running fine?
Thank you very much,
Euclides.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Dirk Verbeeck [mailto:dirk.verbeeck@pandora.be]
Enviada em: terca-feira, 14 de outubro de 2003 18:48
Para: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Assunto: Re: RES: Needing help with DBCP - slow response time

Try using the standard getBlob() method from the java.sql.ResultSet
(returns a java.sql.Blob)

Or if you really want to use the oracle specific BLOB then you can do:
if (rs instanceof DelegatingResultSet) {
   DelegatingResultSet drs = (DelegatingResultSet) rs;
   OracleResultSet ors = (OracleResultSet) drs.getInnermostDelegate();
   BLOB blob = ors.getBLOB("TE_ANEXO_DICA");
}

-- Dirk