commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject [HiveMind] Proposal coming
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:29:10 GMT
A proposal to move HiveMind up to the Jakarta project proper is in the works.

Friday is my last day at WebCT and The Powers That Be at WebCT are eager to get the proposal
in
motion by then, to ensure that WebCT gets credit for contributing HiveMind to the ASF. Yes,
I know
the code is already out with the ASF copyright; technically, it should never have been allowed
out.
I've had my understanding of worker's IP rights slightly updated ... fortunately, nobody's
out to
cause trouble.

In terms of initial committers, I'm basing it on most active on the list: Christian, Harish,
Knut,
myself and Prashant (whose inside WebCT, so we haven't really seen his input).  That leaves
out a
few interested parties (Bill, Johan, David, etc.) but we can always vote more people in once
we are
a fully formed communitee.  Have to start somewhere.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components