commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <st...@mungoknotwise.com>
Subject RE: [dbutils] ResultSetMetaDataHandler
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:49:08 GMT
The idea behind the ResultSetMetaDataHandler is to allow a caller to get to
the result set metadata without actually having access to the result set,
such as when the result set is being consumed and passed back in some other
form. For example, looking at the DbUtils class, the executeListQuery
consumes the result set. There is no easy way for the caller to get access
to the metadata except through the handler.

Steven Caswell
Sun Certified Java Programmer
steve@mungoknotwise.com
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving