commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [VOTE] New commons proper component - pcollections
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:06:12 GMT
The [collections] component has been housing unreleased, but stable
primitive collections code for some time. These are collections that store
primitive arrays behind the scenes instead of objects. (Note that JDK1.5
does NOT address the need for these classes).

Following discussion within the [collections] component on the best release
strategy, we would like to create a new commons-PROPER component to house
the code. The aim is to give this useful code room to grow without impacting
the widely used main [collections] (object-based) component.

It is important to emphasise that this is not new code - it is stable and
ready for release. Thus commons-proper, rather than the sandbox, is the
appropriate place for the new component.

The proposal is attached for the new component 'pcollections'. (No one likes
this name, but we haven't found a better one).

Please vote as to whether you support this new commons-PROPER component.
[  ] +1  Yes, lets create [pcollections]
[  ] +0
[  ] -0
[  ] -1  No, I oppose this because....

Stephen