commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver.He...@t-online.de (Oliver Heger)
Subject [configuration]HierarchicalConfiguration
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:04:43 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a special Configuration implementation called
HierarchicalConfiguration that avoids the problems I have outlined in my
last posting (messing up structure of hierarchical XML documents). Therefor
I use my own scheme of storing data.

My class extends AbstractConfiguration. Implementing the abstract methods I
found that this base class already makes certain assumptions about how data
is stored, which makes implementation of some methods difficult. Especially
addProperty() is problematic because it simply adds new properties to a
Container object and wants to store this directly. This won't work with my
implementation.

In my opinion a better behavior for addProperty() would be to process
collections and strings (as it does now) and then pass the results to
addPropertyDirect(). The Container stuff could then be located in the
addPropertyDirect() implementation of BaseConfiguration. What do you think
about this?

Regards
Oli