commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <>
Subject [HiveMind] remaining items
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:13:07 GMT
I'm really interested in going forward with a stable beta of HiveMind, soon.

We now have tremendous flexibility when it comes to service object instantiation ... a freewheeling
mix of constructors and property setting.

We have better lifecycle support for threaded services, and the ability to gracefully shut
down the

I believe I'll have basic pooled services available soon.

Need documentation for the library's services and configurations.

We've talked about more ambitious things ... but I see the current functionality as formidable
already, and a stable 1.0 release would do more to affect adoption than adding features.

I still haven't grokked Christian's dependency tracking stuff.

Oh ... folks should mail me patches for the project.xml <contributors> stanza

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: