commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Essl <christiane...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/hivemind/framework/src/java/org/apache/commons/hivemind/service/impl ThreadEventNotifierImpl.java
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 02:25:56 GMT
The copy-go works certainly more efficient, but has some threading
considerations.

I think that a Listener expects rightfully that it won't receive an event
anymore after the deregister-method returns however this is not garanteed
with copy-go (a mistake I also made with my event-service).

I guess this problem does not apply to the ThreadListenerService, but
that's realy a special case. So I would not make the class a general util
(or at least document on it).