commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Essl <christiane...@yahoo.de>
Subject [HiveMind] Destroy service
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:46:14 GMT
I've written a Service which registers Destroyable Services (a special
interface which must be implemented by the service-interace) and keeps
dependencies between Services. When the application using a Registry shut-
downs (and no other thread is using the Registry anymore) it calls on the
Service destroy() and the Service will call the destroy() methods on all
the registered Services in the right order.

This helps me in my project to easier maintain the right shut-down for
Services which need information about ie when they should release
resources.

Currently the dependencies and registration of the Services happens through
contributions. However when Howard makes it possible to get the Shema and I
can implement a ConfigurationBeanFactory I think of implementing a special
rule and transformer which automaticly registers a dependend/destryable
object when the user creates one or gives it to aother service. This would
free the user of a service-implementation of filling in the dependency-
contribution, which is of course error-prone.

Is there any intrest in such a Service to be included in HiveMind?