commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [Daemon] some thoughts on commons-daemon
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:23:46 GMT

Howdy,

>1) The webpage for commsons-daemon says the issue handling is on a
>scarab server, but having logged in there I found no issue category
>matching commons-daemon, so I used http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/
>instead when filing some issues. Is that the correct thing to do?

It should be bugzilla, and I'll update the page accordingly.

>Why is there no reload() method of the Daemon interface? It seems like
>sending SIGHUP to jsvc translates to calls to stop() and start(), but
>that is semantically different from how most programs other programs
>handle SIGHUP.

Daemon was conceived as a necessity for tomcat initially.  That's still
the goal for release 1.0, so it's going to have minimal functionality.
I'm not familiar enough with daemon contexts and usages to say if a
reload is generally useful -- after all, you can just stop and then
start.  However, I wouldn't want to add a reload for the 1.0 release in
the interest of getting it out the door.  It's an interesting candidate
for a 1.1 release.

>3) Just out of curiosity, what does jsvc stand for?

Java service I think.

Yoav Shapira