commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE][DBCP] Release Plan for Commons-DBCP 2.0
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:41:34 GMT

Howdy,
I'm not a committer for DBCP (although I'm an enthusiastic user -- good
job!), but still wanted to chime in:

- Version number: 2.0.  I think either many changes OR major changes OR
significant time since last release is enough to merit a major version
number increase.  In this case, 2 of the 3 criteria apply so I like v
2.0, but don't think it's a big deal.

- Release plan: I didn't see an allowance for a 2nd RC should the review
period bring many changes (see for example the history of commons-lang
2.0).

So, +0 on this plan as-is (non-binding ;))

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics