commons-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Move JRCS out of Jakarta
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:24:02 GMT
Juancarlo AƱez wrote:
> It's things like being able to make backups of the CVS repository, which is
> the only reliable trace of people's contributions, or being able to patch
> the repository by hand to fix historical flaws.

You have shell access to the ASF CVS server, so you can already do
backups of the repository.  Once more, people are already doing that for
you.  I suppose you could edit history files, but I really would
recommend against it.

> Also, although I know that documentation is probably lacking, JRCS doesn't
> deserve a sandbox (less an invisibility) status because its the diff engine
> is sound, ant the CVS archive manipulation stuff has already been put
> through a serious amount of strain, though not by me.

Sandbox is where things go by default, but I agree that it should get
promoted out of sandbox from my use of it.  This is an opposite
direction though of moving JRCS off. :)  are you softening to the idea
of keeping it here?

--
Serge Knystautas
President