commons-dev mailing list archives

From Fredrik Westermarck <fredrik.westerma...@mdh.se>
Subject Re: [lang] Removing code from deprecated NumberUtils
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:36:25 GMT
Hi!

Yes, the methods behave exaclty the same.

However if the new methods change later on and before the deprecated
class is removed, that could mean that we would have to bring back the
old implementation in the deprecated class from the CVS. Keeping track
of when that occurs could also be difficult.

I guess thats one of the reasons (and a good one too) not to change the
methods.