commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [Jelly] [PROPOSAL] alternate taglib loading mechanism
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:05:52 GMT
<complement>Good Ideas</complement>

I had some thoughts a while back where I wanted to be able to define
schemas for my taglibraries, to provide some validation features to my
taglibrary structure for things like tag completion, etc. in XML editors.

If my jelly script could have proper namespaces, I could also provide
schemas either via the the same jar loading mechanism or via
schemaLocation attributes... Alternate "Jar URL resolvers" could be
provided to load the schemas into an xml parser for validation and to
provide debugging information during the execution of the script.

Eventually someone chimed in that it might be possible to build a schema
generation tool of some sort that could generate a schema from ones
taglibrary and tag classes.

This was all around the idea of providing a jelly scripting plugin for
Eclipse. Unfortunately, a tidal wave of work related projects knocked me
off this track completely. I would probibly get back into it when I've
got more time.

-Mark