commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnasw...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [HIVEMIND] Examples Please?]]
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:03:54 GMT
Oops, that's not it, something else, my bad, sorry. Let me take another 
look,

Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:

> Did you get all the jars I mentioned, looks like you don't have the 
> HiveMind jar.
>
> james@carmanconsulting.com wrote:
>
>> Am I doing something wrong?  When I tried to run your example, I got 
>> the output contained in the attached file.
>>     ----- Original Message -----
>>     From: Harish Krishnaswamy <mailto:hkrishnaswamy@comcast.net>
>>     To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
>>     <mailto:commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>>     Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 9:43 AM
>>     Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [HIVEMIND] Examples Please?]]
>>
>>     Apparently this was sent to myself :-(
>>
>>
>>     -------- Original Message --------
>>     Subject:     Re: [Fwd: Re: [HIVEMIND] Examples Please?]
>>     Date:     Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:40:23 -0400
>>     From:     Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnaswamy@comcast.net>
>>     To:     Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnaswamy@comcast.net>
>>     References:     <3F67D6E9.1050702@comcast.net>
>>
>>
>>
>>     Trying again without HiveMind.jar. So you will have to download
>>     HiveMind.jar also.
>>
>>     Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
>>
>>>     I had to strip out the jars 'cause of the size and apache servers
>>>     would n't let it go through, I kept the HiveMind jar though. So
>>>     you would want to download the following jars to the lib folder.
>>>
>>>     commons-beanutils-1.6.1.jar
>>>     commons-collections-2.1.jar
>>>     commons-lang-2.0.jar
>>>     commons-logging-1.0.2.jar
>>>     javassist-2.5.1.jar
>>>     log4j-1.2.6.jar
>>>     xercesImpl.jar
>>>     xmlParserAPIs.jar
>>>
>>>     -Harish
>>>
>>>     -------- Original Message --------
>>>     Subject:     Re: [HIVEMIND] Examples Please?
>>>     Date:     Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:17:21 -0400
>>>     From:     Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnaswamy@comcast.net>
>>>     To:     Jakarta Commons Developers List
>>>     <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>     References:     <000001c37cbd$6a416680$6501a8c0@DIM8300>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> James Carman wrote:
>>>
>>>> Does anyone have a good example application (very simple, please) for
>>>> HiveMind?
>>>>
>>> Unzip the attached zip to a folder and run target "run". Its a very 
>>> simple Calculator service pretty much the same that would find on 
>>> the website with two functions/services - add and subtract!
>>>
>>>>  I would like to start using it and I just need a little nudge to
>>>> get me going.  Like, how do I obtain a handle to a Registry object 
>>>> in the
>>>> first place to set it as the default?  And, how many of these 
>>>> hivemind.xml
>>>> files am I going to have to have floating around?
>>>>
>>> As many as you want. You can in fact bundle up everything in one 
>>> mumbo module if you like!
>>>
>>>>  It appears as if I need
>>>> one for each package in my project, but only one can be in my jar file
>>>> located at /META-INF/hivemind.xml?  Is this true?
>>>>
>>> No, you need one hivemodule.xml per module and a module can be 
>>> anything you want like I said before.
>>>
>>>>  If so, packaging an
>>>> application could turn out to be rather tedious if I do indeed plan to
>>>> separate things out into these small, testable modules.  I may be
>>>> misunderstanding the documentation, though.  Anyway, if anyone has 
>>>> a good
>>>> starter application (maybe even with the entire project set up with 
>>>> an Ant
>>>> build script), I would be very appreciative.  I sure wish I would 
>>>> have known
>>>> about hivemind before.  It looks as if it does everything (and 
>>>> more) that my
>>>> little "business object factory" framework
>>>> (http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2003/jw-0718-factory.html) 
>>>> does.
>>>>
>>>>  
>>>>
>>>
>>>  
>>>
>>     
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>     For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Buildfile: build.xml
>>
>> compile:
>>    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Java\projects\HivemindExample\target\classes
>>    [javac] Compiling 7 source files to 
>> C:\Java\projects\HivemindExample\target\classes
>>
>> jar:
>>      [jar] Building jar: 
>> C:\Java\projects\HivemindExample\target\hivemind-examples-service.jar
>>      [jar] Building jar: 
>> C:\Java\projects\HivemindExample\target\hivemind-examples-service-impl.jar 
>>
>>      [jar] Building jar: 
>> C:\Java\projects\HivemindExample\target\hivemind-examples-main.jar
>>
>> run:
>>     [echo] Adding 11 and 23, should get 34.
>>     [java] 0 ServiceTranslator [ERROR] Error resolving service 
>> hivemind.ClassFactory (in element construct/set-service at 
>> jar:file:/C:/Java/projects/HivemindExample/lib/commons-hivemind-1.0-alpha-2.jar!/META-INF/hivemodule.xml,

>> line 143): Unable to construct service hivemind.ClassFactory: Could 
>> not load class 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.service.impl.ClassFactoryImpl from 
>> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1ff5ea7: javassist/ClassPath -     
>> [java] org.apache.commons.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: 
>> Unable to construct service hivemind.ClassFactory: Could not load 
>> class org.apache.commons.hivemind.service.impl.ClassFactoryImpl from 
>> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1ff5ea7: javassist/ClassPath
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructNewServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:266)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:195)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.getService(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:320)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.getService(ModuleImpl.java:158) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getService(RegistryImpl.java:125) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.schema.rules.ServiceTranslator.translate(ServiceTranslator.java:95)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.schema.rules.ReadAttributeRule.begin(ReadAttributeRule.java:89)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaElement.fireBegin(SchemaElement.java:211)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:237)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processNestedElements(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:257)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:239)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processRootElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:219)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.process(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:207)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.InvokeFactoryServiceConstructor.constructCoreServiceImplementation(InvokeFactoryServiceConstructor.java:117)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructNewServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:234)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:195)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.getService(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:320)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.getService(ModuleImpl.java:158) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getService(RegistryImpl.java:125) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.InterceptorStackImpl.process(InterceptorStackImpl.java:175)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.addInterceptors(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:297)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructNewServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:254)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:195)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.getService(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:320)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.getService(ModuleImpl.java:158) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getService(RegistryImpl.java:125) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.schema.rules.ServiceTranslator.translate(ServiceTranslator.java:95)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.schema.rules.ReadAttributeRule.begin(ReadAttributeRule.java:89)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaElement.fireBegin(SchemaElement.java:211)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:237)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processNestedElements(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:257)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:239)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processRootElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:219)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.process(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:207)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.InvokeFactoryServiceConstructor.constructCoreServiceImplementation(InvokeFactoryServiceConstructor.java:117)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructNewServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:234)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:195)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.getService(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:320)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.getService(ModuleImpl.java:158) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getService(RegistryImpl.java:125) 
>>
>>     [java]     at hivemind.client.Main.main(Unknown Source)
>>     [java] 200 ServiceTranslator [ERROR] Error resolving service 
>> hivemind.examples.Adder (in element construct/set-service at 
>> jar:file:/C:/Java/projects/HivemindExample/target/hivemind-examples-service.jar!/META-INF/hivemodule.xml,

>> line 14): Unable to construct service hivemind.examples.Adder: null - 
>>     [java] org.apache.commons.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: 
>> Unable to construct service hivemind.examples.Adder: null
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructNewServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:266)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:195)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.getService(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:320)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.getService(ModuleImpl.java:158) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getService(RegistryImpl.java:125) 
>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.schema.rules.ServiceTranslator.translate(ServiceTranslator.java:95)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.schema.rules.ReadAttributeRule.begin(ReadAttributeRule.java:89)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaElement.fireBegin(SchemaElement.java:211)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:237)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processNestedElements(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:257)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:239)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.processRootElement(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:219)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.SchemaProcessorImpl.process(SchemaProcessorImpl.java:207)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.InvokeFactoryServiceConstructor.constructCoreServiceImplementation(InvokeFactoryServiceConstructor.java:117)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructNewServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:234)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.constructServiceImplementation(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:195)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ServiceExtensionPointImpl.getService(ServiceExtensionPointImpl.java:320)

>>
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.ModuleImpl.getService(ModuleImpl.java:158) 
>>
>>     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
>>     [java]     at hivemind.examples.impl.CalculatorImpl.add(Unknown 
>> Source)
>>     [java]     at hivemind.client.Main.main(Unknown Source)
>>     [java]     at 
>> org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryImpl.getService(RegistryImpl.java:125) 
>>
>>     [java]     at hivemind.client.Main.main(Unknown Source)
>>     [java] Exception in thread "main"
>> BUILD SUCCESSFUL
>> Total time: 3 seconds
>>
>>  
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>


Mime
View raw message