commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [primitives] Open for business
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:50:01 GMT
Over here, we'd be lucky just to get off 1.3.1 and on to 1.4, forget about
1.5. :-( Our Java requirements are based on what the most common version of
IBM WebSphere our customers run, which is the version that runs on 1.3.x. It
is a pain but our reality.

So including/not including 1.4 or 1.5-like features in the commons is not
something /I/ think about beyond the desire that such feature be nicely
packaged and upgradeable (or at least documented) to the JRE version.

Gary