commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net][patch] Added more robust SocketClient setup/cleanu
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:36:33 GMT

In message <85isnjk6ad.fsf@brekke.org>, Jeffrey D. Brekke writes:
>Currently we are building v1.0.1-dev, and I think we agreed upon a
>v1.1.0 release since the changes were fairly significant?  I need to

Yes.

>I need to read up on doing a release again, or maybe we can just change the

After the requisite voting I'd think it would just be tag, build and
package, sign, distribute.

>read up on doing a release again, or maybe we can just change the
>build scripts to create 1.1.0-rc1 named jar.  Then the nightly builds,
>coupled with a message to the lists may be enough?

I don't know how many people would actually download something from
the nightly builds area since it's not mirrored (I think).  I'm +1
on going ahead with either a 1.1.0-rc1 or a 1.1.0.  If there were
any issues with a 1.1.0 it would be followed by a quick 1.1.1
maintenance release anyway.  Either way, we probably need to
call a vote and cc pmc@jakarta to keep everything on the up and
up.

daniel