commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [collections] deprecate CursorableLinkedList?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:12:56 GMT
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 james@carmanconsulting.com wrote:

> If I append something asynchronously to the end of the list while a Cursor
> is open, will the cursor pick that up?

Yes.

> Or, does a cursor merely take a
> snap-shot of the underlying list and iterate over whatever is there
> currently?

No.  Not a snapshot.  If I remember correctly, CursorableLinkedList is a
doubly linked list.  The cursor maintains a reference to some node in that
list.  If you muck around with any other node, the Cursor doesn't care,
indeed it doesn't really know.  The only tricky bit is when you want to
remove the node that the cursor is currently sitting on, in which case the
cursor slides forward.

> Just curious.

Sure. No problem.