commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [dbutils] Moving to db.apache.org
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:18:09 GMT
--- Juozas Baliuka <baliuka@centras.lt> wrote:

> > Just to note; I'll ensure that Steven Caswell and Juozas Baliuka have
> cvs
> > access to dbutils in db.apache.org.
>
> I have forked experimental stuff from  DBUtils to
> http://voruta.sourceforge.net and I think we need to strip experiments
> and
> to remove dependancies, we can do it before to move.
> BTW voruta becomes stable framework and I use it very sucssesfuly in
> production, if community will find it usefull we can move it to
> db.apache.org too, It makes SQL programming in JAVA very easy and must
> solve
> performance and resource leak problem :)

Juozas,
I developed a small library similar to dbutils in the Mapper sandbox
project.  I looked at dbutils recently and they seem to have evolved in
similar ways.  I'll take a look at Voruta and maybe the three can be
combined into dbutils in db.apache.org (although there has to be a better
name than dbutils :-).

David