commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Lear <r...@zopyra.com>
Subject RE: [HiveMind] How to add interceptor to "embedded" service
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:58:24 GMT
On Wednesday, September 17, 2003 at 14:47:36 (-0400) Howard M. Lewis Ship writes:
>Strange that that didn't work.  The fact that Divider is used as part of Calculator's
implementation
>does not affect your ability to add interceptors to it. Can we see the complete hivemodule.xml?

That's really it.  Here is the Calculator one, as I just sent, but
with the extension attempt:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<module id="hivemind.examples" version="1.0.0">
    <service id="Calculator" interface="hivemind.examples.Calculator">
        <invoke-factory service-id="hivemind.BuilderFactory">
            <construct class="hivemind.examples.impl.CalculatorImpl">

                <set-service property="adder"
                             service-id="org.puppies.math.Adder"/>

                <set-service property="subtracter"
                             service-id="org.kitties.math.Subtracter"/>

                <set-service property="multiplier"
                             service-id="org.gerbils.math.Multiplier"/>

                <set-service property="divider"
                             service-id="org.fishies.math.Divider"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
    </service>

    <extend-service service-id="org.fishies.math.Divider">
        <interceptor service-id="hivemind.LoggingInterceptor"/>
    </extend-service>

</module>

When run, I get identical results whether or not I include the
above <extend-service> element, and whether or not it precedes the
above <service> element.

Bill