commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Lear <r...@zopyra.com>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] Extension to adder example
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:05:45 GMT
On Tuesday, September 16, 2003 at 19:30:45 (-0400) Harish Krishnaswamy writes:
>You wouldn't believe, I had done the very same thing except called it a
>Calculator!
>
>Here are my modules...

Excellent, that gets me 89.5% of the way there, I think.  I guess one
thing I am confused about is reuse of entire modules, as they might
come packaged in the real world, i.e., in jar files.  That is, I have
programmer A who writes the Adder module, and programmer B who,
entirely independently, writes the Subtracter module.  What I get from
A and B are two jar files, Adder.jar, and Subtracter.jar, that include
the hivemodule.xml for both modules.

Could you share with me how to build the Adder.jar and Subtracter.jar
(if indeed there is any difference between the current example), and
then how to use them?  If all I have to do is build the jars, and put
them in the classpath, then follow your example, very cool, I'm 100%
of the way there!

Thanks Harish.

Bill