commons-dev mailing list archives

From Juancarlo AƱez <juanc...@suigeneris.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Move JRCS out of Jakarta
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:58:49 GMT
Serge,

> What do you see as needed as part of the project's day-to-day work?
> This is just being able to update content on your website?

It's things like being able to make backups of the CVS repository, which is
the only reliable trace of people's contributions, or being able to patch
the repository by hand to fix historical flaws.

Also, although I know that documentation is probably lacking, JRCS doesn't
deserve a sandbox (less an invisibility) status because its the diff engine
is sound, ant the CVS archive manipulation stuff has already been put
through a serious amount of strain, though not by me.

Juanco