commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sgarlata Matt" <sgarlata_m...@bah.com>
Subject [Chain] WebServletContext constructor is redundant
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:45:35 GMT
I think the constructor for
org.apache.commons.chain.web.servlet.ServletWebContext
has a redundant parameter.  Here is the signature:

public ServletWebContext(javax.servlet.ServletContext context,
                         javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest request,
                         javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse response)

The ServletContext can be retrieved from the request, with
request.getSession().getServletContext() right?  Can I submit a patch to
remove the ServletContext parameter?  Looking through the Chain code, it
looks like the
org.apache.commons.chain.web.servlet.ServletSetLocaleCommandTestCase will be
broken by this change, so if I submit a patch I will patch this file as
well, and possibly the MockServletRequest, etc. that this test case depends
on.

Matt