commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject [HiveMind] TSS
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:02:41 GMT
A couple of ideas I may be pursuing at work ...

Creating interceptors to enforce transaction boundaries.

Creating intreceptors to enforce declarative security.

Creating interceptors that record invocations counts as JMX beans.

HiveMind's take on the DAO factory:  Define a DAO interface and supply several implementations
(for
different databases or environments) in a configuration point. Have a service factory create
service implementation that delegates to a particular implementation, i.e.

client code --> wrapper service --> actual service

The wrapper service is created at runtime.  Client code only sees the wrapper service, never
has to
even know that a dynamic selection takes place. Wrapper service is constructed at runtime
using a
service impl factory ... look at how EJBFactory is implemented to understand this.

Service that creates C#-style delegates for use in Swing apps.  You feed in: object, name
of public
method (of object), listener interface type ... it spits out delegate object that implements
the
interface and invokes the public method (possibly, passing the event in). Optional: if listener
interface defines multiple methods, you decide which to connect.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components