commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [HIVEMIND] Examples Please?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:12:25 GMT
So I wasn't awake ...

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry
http://javatapestry.blogspot.com

And I've used this late binding capability to unravel a bad dependency between layers in the
code.

> Due to our current build process, we have a similar issue:
> multiple logical modules that are packaged together as a
> single JAR. In an ideal world, there would be a
> ClassLoader.getTResourceInFolder("/META-INF/hivemind") ...

That is, I wish I could use getResources() and pass in a folder name and get all the files
in that
folder.  ClassLoader.getResource() only works
if you know exactly what you are looking for.

Servlet API is similar, though a later version of Servlet API supports methods for iterating
over
the list of files in a context folder.

> but there isn't.  Instead, we have "external descriptors", a
> directory under WebLogic where we store the extra class
> loaders; our servlet's registry bootstrap code processes all
> the XML files there as well as those found normally. It works
> well, but is not quite ideal for a clustered EAR deployment;
> we'll want to graft something together for that soon.
> Possibly, our build system will write a catalog of these
> external descriptors into a central file.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry