commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Mitchell" <jmitch...@apache.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/resources build-legacy.xml build.xml
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 00:41:11 GMT

<snip/>

> -1 on using anakia or forrest.  Maven and Ant are the most
> popular build
> tools in commons and I don't really feel like learning yet
> another build
> process.

I am not a committer on this project yet, but I will be (err, that's the
plan) as soon as I port DBMessageResources over from it's current
Struts-based implementation.

I agree with David about not wanting to learn another build tool.

I think we should move forward with Maven, especially since (for those
of us who are used to doing it a different way) we can still use Ant
with the build-legacy.xml as we did with the original setup.

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist