commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [HiveMind] RE: Broken test ...
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:57:50 GMT

> On 1.3.1 - re-ran it on 1.4.2 and it worked ...
>
> Guess the exception on 1.3.1 is different ...  Ah well, sorry
> to bug you
> about it ... :)

I'll try this on 1.3 at some point and see if I can make the test work in both cases.

> A quick question though : As most app. server have class-loading
> restricted on a per jar, ear basis, is there a need when
> using hivemind to
> separate the modules using different class loaders or is it
> fine for them
> to share one, common one?
>
> Johan

Using the WAR's class loader will give you maximum coverage; the WAR will see the EJBs and
the
system classpath.  The HiveMind library may be on the system classpath or, with difficulty,
packaged
with the EAR.

When constructing the registry (see the "Bootstrapping" documentation) it is possible to load
modules from different class loaders.   You would need to create new ClassResolver instances
and
invoke the processModule() method.

HiveMind remembers the class loader used for each module, which is necessary when instantiating
classes from that module.

>--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components