commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject [HiveMind] Roll call, please!
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:03:18 GMT
As I've posted on the the blog, I'm gearing up to form an initial HiveMind community.

If you are interested in joining, please drop me an e-mail.

Once we form up, we should be able to get everyone commit rights to the hivemind CVS repository.

Responsibilities will probably be pretty light; voting on a trickle of issues. Most votes
concern
addining additional team members, or votes about releases. The fun is not the voting, but
the
discussing of features and design issues.

Step two is to move HiveMind to Jakarta commons proper and set up dedicated mailing lists.
I'm
researching exactly what the rules and procedures for this are.

I feel the base framework is pretty much ready to head towards a 1.0 release; initial work
will be
documentation and (even better) unit tests, plus creating additional modules as outlined on
my blog.
Of course, the whole point is we discuss, as a group, what should get done!

If you haven't worked on an open source project before ... come on in! The water's fine! All
it
takes is a desire to do some work, some skill at programming, and the right attitude. It's
very
rewarding.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship