commons-dev mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich_...@baseBeans.com>
Subject Re: [docs] Crappy build system
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:40:49 GMT
One way to maintain Jakarta web sites, such as commons, of course is to
use a CMS system.
Store XML in a database (such as PostgreSQL), and edit remotely, flag as
approved, have it pre-render to HTML, and have a jSTL emit it. Since
content is in DB, it is easy to manager. Since it's a web app, it is
easy to modify. Of course, ver fast.
Here is one example of Open Source CMS w/ a working URL:
http://basicportal.com/do/cmsPg?content=DEVELOPMENT

See the url?
This makes a call to db to retrieve this content where = "DEVELOPMENT".
(Of course DB is cached auto by DAO so no ping if no change)
Realy, change the web site is easy, it's a lot like Wiki, except it has
J2EE JDBC realms as to who can author and who can approve.

.V