commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Going forward Was: [VOTE] Release of Commons Lang 2.0 [take 2]
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:10:05 GMT

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Phil Steitz wrote:

> --- Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com> wrote:
> >
> > First, let's make sure we keep the subjects on topic, and keep the [lang]
> > there for anything other than a [VOTE].
> >
> > Second, shall I tag the current changes to builder/ and lang/ changes.
> > Unsure if it was all just javadoc chances. Guess I should dig through a
> > changelog :) Assuming I do, should I go ahead and tag these to 2.0?
>
> +1

I've built a Changelog with tags, gone over it and nothing has been added
which is not a javadoc change [at least according to the cvs comments].

I've tagged the new files with LANG_2_0, and this tag is intended to be
the one for Lang 2.0. I'm not expecting any other changes to go into this.
[It builds into the distribution files happily, though I've not pushed
them up yet to my home dir].

The Daedalus to Minotaur migration appears to be getting close to
finished, if not completely finished, so we can think about doing a
release [and before that another vote].

I think people can start working on Lang 2.1/3.0 now as well. If any
important changes have to happen to 2.0, I can branch off and make the
changes for a release there.

Hen