commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Release Process for Sandbox Projects
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:52:06 GMT

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Leo Sutic wrote:

> I have moved Avalon Attributes into the Commons Sandbox now, and
> would like to get a release out the door. Just so I understand how
> this is done: If I understand what I've heard/read correctly,
> Sandbox projects aren't released. They have to be accepted into
> Commons proper first.
>
>     Question: How is this done, what's the process?
>
> Second, I'd like to do the following pretty much immediately:
>
>  1. Get the project website up.
>     I'm quite new to Maven, and as far as I understand, typing:
>
>         maven site:deploy
>
>     will do this for me. I'm just a bit too afraid to try this
>     out without getting some confirmation of this first, though...
>
>     I have already done everything to properly generate the site
>     locally - if I look into target/docs then I have a site that
>     is exactly as I want it.

You can do this on Sandbox without a release.

>  2. Get an alpha release out. I have some people over at Avalon
>     who would like a "first cut of code" to look at. Can this be
>     done inofficially, without acceptance into Commons proper?

Easiest way might be to push a snapshot up to the maven repository? :)

Or you could just put it at http://www.apache.org/~<your-id>

I can't find the docs on what to do to get into Commons proper. It's
mainly:

Have a PROPOSAL.html and call a vote on the Commons-Dev list.

Hen