commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Lang 2.0 release?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 05:03:06 GMT

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Phil Steitz wrote:

> the old .properties file format)  I was just writing a note asking if
> anyone had any objections to the following changes, which will fix this
> among other things:
>
> 1. Mods to project.xml:
>
> * Restrict tests to Suites run by Ant build (so maven build does not
> have to run through perf and other tests each time)

Not sure what you mean.

Maven is supposed to run the tests each time we build, so removing some
from it would seem to be self-destructive?

What is perf? That long test that takes ages?

Maybe we should define a separate /src/perf for tests that are only to be
done at certain times?

> * Add a <reports> element to restrict reports

Which would we restrict?

> 2. Add checkstyle.xml "translating" (to the best of my limited
> abilities) the current checkstyle.properties (so maven will not generate
> so many checkstyle errors)

+1

> 3. Modify project.properties to refer to checkstyle.xml

+1

Hen