commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [collections] contribute?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 03:23:28 GMT

[It's [collections] rather than [commons] by the way]

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Takuya Murata wrote:

> I really don't want to make a noise. I responded to SingletonIterator

Noise is good. Apologies if the noise is intimidating sometimes.

> issues because a question was posted. All what I want to do is help
> this project simply because commons are useful when I program. I just
> show solutions I like but don't mean to denounce efforts already made
> and respect people who maintain code.
>
> To make commit, I have some questions to pose.
>
> 1. Is code of primitive collections generated automatically? If not, I
> think it would be better to use a script written in Java or whatever to
> generate such code.

Writing it in Ant would be cool :) Will let Rodney answer here though as
it's his area I think.

> 2. What is a current situation about HashMap? Is the problem about
> implementation or is there a plan to make a change in HashMap interface?

java.util.HashMap?

Did you really mean HashMap?

> 3. Where is a TODO list at all? I searched CVS thoroughly but couldn't
> find one. Bugzilla seems used as TODO instead but unfortunately I
> couldn't use it by my browser Safari. Is there any other way to access
> TODOs?

I've found problems with Bugzilla in Safari too. I have to drop back to IE
to do Bugzilla things, which is a pain. About the only thing I regularly
have to drop out of Safari for.

There are some TODO's in the STATUS.html, which is the
jakarta-commons/collections cvs directory.

Hen