commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [lang] Lang 2.0 release?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 03:01:23 GMT

Seems that since RC3, we've just:

removed an unused private attribute
updated javadoc in a few places
removed a method
moved 2 classes up a package from util
removed a class from util

While I could build an RC4, I'm going to be hopeful and build a release
build. CVS tags can always be deleted/moved in case of major issues
again.

If no one can find a problem by tomorrow morning, I'll call a vote on
Commons-dev, Ccing the PMC. Assuming things go well, we ought to get 3
non-Lang +1's by the weekend.

I'll aim to do the release stuff over the weekend [mirrors will be new to
me] and have the release on the site by the end of the weekend, which
always seems to be good timing.

Any thoughts?

Release build in:

http://www.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang-2.0/

Also, the following file from JDiff is very useful, I hadn't noticed it
before:

http://www.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang-2.0/Commons-Lang-1.0.1-to-2.0/missingSinces.txt

[although hopefully it's something we can leave to fix until 2.1]

Hen