commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: StringUtils misspelled method names?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:10:14 GMT

It's up to the people concerned.

When I first pushed that code in, I offered to standardise on US english
spelling but it wasn't something the Commons list wanted to do.

So I figure it's a nice way to educate people that the majority of English
speakers in the world spell it capitalise :)

[Actually, hard to get figures on that. Population of Canada/Australia/UK
+ that of India that writes English at least. I'm just not sure how much
of India actually writes English. Probably a similar-ish number. ]

Hen