commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [docs] Crappy build system
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:47:05 GMT

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> >
> > Actually got to wonder if there's any point having build.properties.sample
> > in this case. I'm not sure if the rest of build.properties does anything
> > and these values could sit in build.properties itself [or in the
> > build.xml].
> >

> Generally the build.properties file is not in CVS, it is the local version
> which someone uses to configure where their resources are at.
> build.properties.sample is committed to CVS and provides a template of
> what external resources are needed and a default location for them.

Any idea if the build.xml in jakarta-commons needs the following
dependencies:

j2ee
junit
sax
commons-pool

I can't see the build.xml needing them and would like to remove them from
build.properties.sample.

Also, is there any need for the dist target in the build.xml? It looks
old, out of date and unused.

Hen