commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [docs] Crappy build system
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:06:09 GMT

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> >
> > Ouch. The 1.7M Xerces jar is hurting my uplink :)
> >

> Yeah, and that is one of many reasons not to put jars into CVS.

So I should ask velocity for commit rights so I can remove it there? I
have commit rights for jakarta-site2, so I can go ahead and remove things
from there.

Having the jar in CVS once is bad. Having it in N times makes no
difference, so if we're going to have them in CVS I'd rather the system
was a) simpler and b) stable.

Although I've checked them in, I can rm them from the repo if need be.
Another option would be to move the xdocs over to the jakarta-site2
module.

Hen