commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: Three month contribution to Commons?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:56:35 GMT

Probably the best thing to do would be to look at the projects currently
in the sandbox and see if any interest you. Many are slumbering while
their driving forces are busy elsewhere so you can start submitting
patches and drive it for 3 months, hopefully to a release.

Another one is the concept of plugins. Writing Eclipse or Maven plugins to
allow certain tools to be usable. This would fit your 3 month development
time etc and you could get a few in there.

The main thing though is... code something you want. Tomcat may want to
extract their JNDI implementation, I may want a dynamic-proxy based
pattern system, someone else may want a rebuilt Commons site with a common
feel, but if you don't want it you'll just end with a 20% started job [not
a bad thing, but it wouldn't be good for your 3 month thing].

Hen