commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim O'Brien <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject RE: [codec] Update dependencies.html with Java req, and more.
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 03:03:49 GMT
Codec is integrated with the build.  Just uncomment the report in
project.xml.  (But, at least from what I can tell from my own experience
and from Maven's JIRA issues - the Clover plugin is somewhat unstable)

But, I had removed it because there was no good way for up to share a
licensed Codec binary with everyone who needed it.  There is a licensed Clover binary in my
home directory on Icarus.  Any
other commmitter who wants to run clover on codec can obtain those
binaries from ~tobrien.

Now, here's some philosophy.  Clover is a great tool, but, it isn't free
or open source.  I worry that the ASF makes a mistake when it starts to
rely on proprietary utilities such as Clover and JIRA.  I'm not sure if a
good discussion has been started on the subject.

Tim