commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] ReplaceChars committed (was Translate)
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 19:45:49 GMT

Religion.

While in my own code I used to be quite open in terms of allowing lots of
things, Lang is helping to make me think more defensively when code will
be used by other people. For example I no longer make methods public if I
don't think they should be private/protected, I actually use the
anonymous/package scope.

Anyways. Offering the CharSet seemed to be too much like showing the
implementation to the user and a particular religion to be obeyed, so I
was quite happy for it to be hidden.

It's better to hide it before release then offer it later than try to hide
it later :)

Hen