commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: dbcp bug
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:13:30 GMT
Liam,

> Is there a plan for a new release in the near future?

Possibly after some current changes settle.  It might make sense to do a
release with the fixes before changing how abandoned handling works.

> I am also interested in how dbcp deals with closed or 'stale'
> connections i.e. in the event of a db outage.

There are several options for when even the currently available binary will
handle those.  If you look at

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/james-server/src/java/org/apache/james/uti
l/dbcp/

you can see how we turn that on in our server app.  A problem is that the
current code does not expose the property to client code, but that was
easily handled.  The options that are turned on for our code are on testing
on borrow and return; I didn't bother to enable the periodic checking.

	--- Noel