commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [combo] Commons Core release?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 05:00:04 GMT
Craig R. McClanahan:
> Tetsuya wrote:

> > Now, Jakarta-ORO think about one of the potentialities
> > of the transfer to commons-proper. (How about Regexp, ECS?)

> Makes sense to me.  All three of those packages are the right sort of
> scale (self contained class libraries) that Commons was designed to deal
> with.

If you look at the mailing list for oro
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=oro-dev@jakarta.apac
he.org&by=date&from=2003-08-01&to=2003-08-31&first=1&count=15), you'll
see
that coming here is one of the options.  I think that it makes sense to
invite them.

> Only if combo is truly a combination of every Commons package that you
> need :-).

I agree.  For example, the ones interesting to James are Collection, Pool,
DBCP, NET and ORO.

	--- Noel