commons-dev mailing list archives

From "b\.davanzo\@inwind\.it" <b.dava...@inwind.it>
Subject Re:[net] 1.1 release planning
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 11:38:54 GMT
Hi,
I vote for putting out a 1.1 release too.

During this week I have received a request from a user of TelnetClient who is requesting a
new functionality (notificacion of changes in option state to the application program) that
could be put into 1.1 release.
I have evaluated this enhancement and could release a patch by 10th Aug.

I enclose the request which I received outside the commons-dev distribution list:

>I have another question about commons-net and didn't find any simple
>answer to it by browsing the API, maybe I'm just missing a point.
>The question is simple. How do I get notified when a WONT is sent by the
>server?
>The situation looks like this. The mud server sends a WILL ECHO when is
>requesting the password, so that the client knows it's time to mask the
>input the user is typing. When authentication succeeds the server sends
>a WONT ECHO, and client should stop masking. Unfortunatly i didn't find
>a way to be notified about the WONT occurance(option handlers deals only
>with DO and WILL, right?). The alternative i'm using now is tho ask the
>romote state on the server throught TelnetClient's
>getRemoteOptionState(1) but I think it would be cleaner if i could be
>notified about that instead of having to ask. Is this possible and I
>didn't find it or it's not?

We could delay release of 1.1 to include this functional enhancement. What do you think about?

Bye,
Bruno