commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Anderson" <...@netspace.net.au>
Subject RE: UUID Reuse proposal
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 03:38:25 GMT
The configured MAC address is supposed to be valid.
I think the original idea was that an installer
would generate the tyrex configuration file with a valid MAC
address, relating to one of those on the local machine.

And yes, it does change the version field if it falls
back to a random MAC address.

-Tim